Bitumen pipe lacquer
Catalog Number: 102
BITUMLAC is a solution consisting of a mixture of sifted, hard and flexible, high softening point bitumen and choice carbonaceous solvents. It does not contain water nor water solvent materials. Utilized when cold and dries quickly. After drying, you obtain a hard and shining coat. BITUMLAC connects well with metals.
BITUMLAC is used for the protection of metal piping systems and accessories against corrosion.
Black and shining liquid
0.86 / ml.
35 % – 45 %
Instructions for Use
Before using BITUMLAC, thoroughly clean the surface by sand spraying or by means of mechanical or chemical cleaning, in order to remove all dirt, rust, scales, greasy materials, and such. Use with paintbrush, spray or immersion. Dilution – use mineral turpentine, up to 15 %.
250 – 300 gram per square meter, for one coat.
Covering Strength in Theory
3 to 4 square meters per 1 kilogram, for one coat.
- To touch: 1 – 3 hours, according to climate and coat thickness the conditions.
- Final drying: about 8 hours, according to climate and coat thickness the conditions.
15 kg, 4.5 lit., 1 lit.
- This product contains flammable solvents, only use it in well ventilated areas. Use personal protective gear.
- Avoid contact with hot surfaces, parks, flames.
- Avoid breathing the material fumes.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes.
- If swallowed do not induce vomiting and get prompt medical attention.
- Static discharge can cause fire.
- Empty containers retain product residues that can be dangerous and should be disposed properly.
- Wash your hands with water and soap after use.