Water-Based Polyurethane Sealing System for Roofs and Decks
Cat. No. 430
AQUATECH is innovative water based aliphatic polyurethane sealing system. AQUATECH's components are human-friendly and environment-friendly, they are not toxic neither harmful to touch, unlike existing polyurethane materials.
AQUATECH creates, after having hardened, a strong and flexible, abrasion resistant sealing membrane, with a smooth surface and nice aesthetic appearance.
AQUATECH is highly resistant to u.v. radiation.
Sealing of concrete roofs, decks, drainage cannals.
|Appearance:||Creamy, material with white color|
|Specific weight:||1.37 gr./ml.|
|Tearing strength:||6.0 MPA|
|Accelerated UV Weathering, 2000 hours||Very good endurance|
Instructions for Use
Surface for Use
Check that gutters are in good working order, that walls and floor meeting cornersides are rounded, and verify minimum slopes of 1.5%.
Application should be performed on a strong stable concrete (that was casted minimum 30 days before application) or other substrates such as: metal, pvc and old acrylic/polyurethane coatings.
Remove intensively all loose particles). Rinse intensively the roof/deck to remove mud and wait until completely dry. Apply 250 gr/m² of AQUAPOXY over the roof/deck surfaces.
Drying time: 12 hours.
Performing of the Sealing System
- Apply grey AQUATECH in quantity of 1.0 kg/m² along the walls and floor meeting corners, gutters, pipe penetration and along cracks (in 15 cm strips). Impregnation of a polyester net strip into the fresh AQUATECH, along the cornersides and cracks, should be considered in appropriate substrates.
- Apply a first layer of grey AQUATECH over the surfaces by spray or brush, in a quantity of 900 gr/m². Letting to dry for 2-3 hours.
- Apply a second layer of white AQUATECH in a quantity of 900 gr/m².
- In large roofs/decks (more than 500 m²) it is recommended to apply a third layer of white AQUATECH, in a quantity of 900 gr/m², within 15-18 hours after the application of the second layer.
To touch: 2-3 hours (at 25°C and 50% humidity).
Final drying time: 14 days.
In the shade, protected against frost and high temperatures (5°C – 35°C).
Warning and Safety Measures
- AQUATECH is hazardous to swallowing, wash your hands in water and soap immediately after use.
- AQUATECH is not to be applied 24 hours before rain or 6 hours before dew.
- AQUATECH is not to be applied at temperatures lower than 5ºc.
- AQUATECH is not to be applied a short time before dust storms.
- AQUATECH is not to be thinned by water or any other substance must not be added.
- A flooding test may be conducted at least 14 days after finishing application.
- AQUATECH is not to be applied in quantities exceeding 1 kg /m2 per layer.